12th July 2023
What is a SENCO
- SENCO stands for Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinator. Some schools use other names such as 'Inclusion Manager'.
- Every school should have one.
- They are responsible for overseeing all pupils’ special educational needs.
- They give advice to class teachers about strategies or interventions they could use to help a child progress better, or any reasonable adjustments that should be made to ensure a child’s SEN or disability is supported.
- They will request support from other professionals outside of school if necessary.
- Any additional support that your child receives should be recorded and reviewed regularly by the class teacher and SENCO.