The SENDIASS steering group meets once per term to ensure that the service develops in line with what is wanted and needed by it’s service users. It is co-chaired by SENDIASS and SEND Voices Wokingham.
Aims and objectives
- To guide the development of Wokingham SENDIASS in line with the Quality Standards.
- To monitor the work of Wokingham SENDIASS in line with the Quality Standards and help to identify and promote good practice, to raise issues and concerns and to identify gaps and to work with Wokingham SENDIASS to address these.
- To ensure that Wokingham SENDIASS maintains its impartiality and arm’s length status from the Local Authority.
- To support and advise Wokingham SENDIASS on how best to meet the information, advice and support needs of the children, young people and parents and carers within Wokingham.
- To act as a critical friend to Wokingham SENDIASS staff.
- Take an active role in promoting the work of Wokingham SENDIASS.
- To discuss areas of concern and influence local policy and practice.
- SENDIASS Manager
- Parent carer forum representative
- 4 additional parents
- SEN representative
- Health representative
- Social care representative
- Senco representative
- Early Years representative/Educational Psychologist
- Other organisations that we often work alongside